A comedy by Norman Robbins.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on November 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th, 1976. Tickets cost 25p, children & OAPs 15p.
Terry Early’s announcement that he and Susan intend to marry rouses the fury of his overbearing mother Alice. Alice’s sudden demise, following her handling of a faulty electric kettle, promises a peaceful solution. But Alice as a vengeful ghost is even more formidable than as a live wife and mother. Much drama ensues in which both families are involved before Alice’s ashes can be persuaded to lie quiet in her urn.
- Beryl West
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Terry Early’ ~ Brian Shaw
- ‘Susan Rickworth’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘Mabel Sutton’ ~ Patricia Quick
- ‘Sam Early’ ~ Geoff Badham
- ‘Alice Louise Early’ ~ Dorothy Morris
- ‘Joe Gittings’ ~ Brian Keal
- ‘Reuben Rickworth’ ~ Sid West
- ‘Lucy Rickworth’ ~ Margaret Lloyd
- Stage Manager ~ John Lloyd
- Assistant ~ Derek Humphreys
- Lighting ~ John Dixon
- Props ~ Hazel Bycroft, Janet Davies
- Sound Effects ~ Bill Payne
- Make-up ~ Jill Dixon, Anita McNamara