By Arthur Conan Doyle, adapted and dramatised by Tim Kelly.
Performed by BATS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on November 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th & 28th 2009.
- Jaimes Cooper
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Holmes’ ~ Piers Morgan-Harvey
- ‘Watson’ ~ Roger Bell
- ‘Sir Henry’ ~ Barry Cooper
- ‘Barrymore’ ~ Stewart Hiorns
- ‘Jack’ ~ Steve Nelson
- ‘Lady Agatha’ ~ Julie Greenwood
- ‘Mrs Barrymore’ ~ Doreen Davies
- ‘Kathy’ ~ Heather Cooper
- ‘Laura’ ~ Sarah Govier
- ‘Perkins’ ~ Judi Porter
- Stage Manager ~ Mike Turner
- Assistant ~ Malcolm Poole
- Prompt ~ Ros Brace
- Props ~ David Spear
- Costumes ~ Heather Cooper
- Hair & Make-up ~ Julie Greenwood, Joyce Childs
- Front-of-house, Refreshments ~ Dorothy Morris, Malcolm Poole, Dave Spear, Ian Evans, Tony Currell, Jill Poole, Geoff Davies, Maureen Bailey, Val Hiorns, Keith Gwynne, Mary Turner, Laura Sims
It’s that time of the year again when us budding thespians reluctantly get together to bring you the best entertainment you will see in Bishopston during the last few days of November. ‘The Hound of the Baskervilles’ is a classic story that everyone has heard of but it seems no one can remember who actually dunnit. As the summer has been non existent and the autumn will only get darker, it’s an obvious choice to make best use of a bad thing and throw in the odd murder and a beast from hell.
I’d like to thank the cast for pretending they don’t know what they are doing so meticulously and also all the backstage, front of house and supporting members of BATS without whom we would get no tea! Special thanks go to Mike Turner who is stepping into the Stage Manager role for the first time whilst Alan Bailey fulfils his lifelong ambition of learning Australian…
We all hope you enjoy the play as much as we have rehearsing it and please feel free to gasp, scream and jump, but keep the laughter to a minimum.