SynopsisA hilarious spoof in the best Agatha Christie tradition, with an assembled cast of characters guaranteed to delight: Bunting the butler, an English Colonel with the prerequisite stiff upper lip, a shady French art dealer and his moll, bumbling local inspectors and a well meaning local sleuth who seems to attract murder – and all caught up in the carryings-on which follow the mysterious death of the owner of a country manor house. Will the murderer be unmasked before everyone else has met their doom, or will audiences die laughing first?
- Dorothy Morris
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Mildred’ ~ Judi Porter
- ‘Dorothy’ ~ Denise Currell
- ‘Bunting’ ~ Tim Weldon
- ‘Col Charles Craddock’ ~ Tony Webb
- ‘Margaret Craddock’ ~ Doreen Davies
- ‘Pierre Marceau’ ~ Tony Currell
- ‘Elizabeth Hartley-Trumpington’ ~ Julie Greenwood
- ‘Joan Maple’ ~ Alison Shepherd
- ‘Det Insp Pratt’ ~ Stewart Hiorns
- ‘Det Const Thomkins’ ~ Ian Evans
- Stage Manager, Lighting, Set ~ Alan Bailey
- Assistants ~ Stewart Hiorns, Simon Ellett, James Atkinson
- Prompt ~ Catherine Millburn-Foster
- Props, Make-up ~ Dorothy Morris, the cast
- Front-of-house, Refreshments ~ Geoff Davies, Val Hiorns, Madeline Norton, Barbara Spear, David Spear
Welcome to our first production in the newly refurbished Church Hall. I’m sure you will agree that the Restoration Committee is to be congratulated on the hard work they have done in raising the first £15,000 to complete Phase 1 of the improvements.
Those of you who are regular patrons will know that the proceeds of our raffles held at the last few productions have been given to the refurbishment fund (£579.50 to date).
As we are performing in a new look hall, we have decided to adopt a new name. From January, we will be known as Phoenix Players Amateur Dramatic Society and we hope to go on providing live theatre for the foreseeable future and to have your continued support, which is always greatly appreciated.