A comedy by Arthur Lovegrove.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on April 25th & 26th & May 2nd & 3rd, 1975. Tickets 25p, children & OAPs 15p.
Performed again by STADS in 1996.
The scene is the Fordyces’ drawing-room at their house in Hampstead the week before Christmas (present time). The Fordyces are preparing for the wedding of their daughter, Jacky, to Victor, son of Stephen Parker, with whom Henry Fordyce is planning a business merger. Then in walks Mrs Puffin from Clapham who announces that she saw in a vision that Jacky would not marry Victor, and that she will in fact marry the young business associate, Roger Vincent, a friend of the Parker family. She also announces that Victor is in love with Jacky’s younger sister, Pamela. The oracle proves accurate but no wonder, as Mrs Puffin has been carefully primed for her role as suburban seer.
- Beryl West
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Ethel Fordyce’ ~ Dorothy Morris
- ‘Jacqueline Fordyce’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘Pamela Fordyce’ ~ Jacqueline Baskerville
- ‘Nicholas Fordyce’ ~ Clive West
- ‘Annie’ ~ Margaret Lloyd
- ‘Amelia Puffin’ ~ Patricia Quick
- ‘Henry Fordyce’ ~ Geoff Badham
- ‘Stephen Parker’ ~ Sidney West
- ‘Victor Parker’ ~ Hugh Arnold
- ‘Roger Vincent’ ~ Brian Shaw
- Stage Manager ~ John Lloyd
- Assistant ~ Derek Humphreys
- Lighting ~ John Dixon
- Sound Effects ~ Bill Payne
- Props & Make-up ~ Anita McNamara, Jill Dixon, Michael Shaw