A mystery comedy by George Batson.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on November 1st & 2nd 1968. Tickets 2/6, children half price.
The scene, a living-room at Cliff House, overlooking the English Channel, over a few days in September in the present time. When Ellen, struck by a form of hysterical paralysis, is attended by a new young doctor, Corey Phillips, terrifying incidents occur. First, a body is found on the beach. Next, the housekeeper is killed. Everyone is suspect until Nurse Pepper (a most unusual detective) unravels the mystery. She discovers that ‘Dr Phillips’ is a murderous impersonator after Ellen’s fortune. Nurse Pepper foils him, and Ellen is shocked out of her paralysis.
- Beryl West
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Karen’ ~ Delphine Parry
- ‘Doctor Lane’ ~ Norman Stone
- ‘Ellen Clayton’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘Jenny’ ~ Eileen Wimmers
- ‘Nurse Pepper’ ~ Margaret Lloyd
- ‘Corey Phillips’ ~Brian Shaw
- Stage Manager ~ W J Payne
- Assistants, Sound & Props ~ W J Payne, Graham Williams, John Lloyd, W O Mort
- Lighting ~ David Powell
- Make-up ~ Pam Taylor