A murder mystery by Agatha Christie.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on November 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th, 1974. Tickets 25p, children & OAPs 15p.
A long weekend in early September. Gathered at the home of Sir Henry and Lucy Angkatell are various guests, including Dr John Cristow, his mistress Veronica, his ex-mistress and his wife. Veronica ardently desires to marry Cristow but he refuses to divorce, and Veronica unwisely declares that if she can’t have him no one else will. Within five minutes he is dead. Nearly everyone had a motive and opportunity to murder Cristow, but who actually committed the deed has to be discovered by Inspector Colquhoun and Sergeant Penny.
- Beryl West
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Henrietta Angkatell’ ~ Dorothy Morris
- ‘Sir Henry Angkatell’ ~ Hugh Arnold
- ‘Lady Angkatell’ ~ Margaret Lloyd
- ‘Midge Harvey’ ~ Patricia Quick
- ‘Gudgeon’ ~ Bill Payne
- ‘Edward Angkatell’ ~ Brian Shaw
- ‘Doris’ ~ Jacqueline Baskerville
- ‘Gerda Christow’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘John Christow’ ~ Geoff Badham
- ‘Veronica Craye’ ~ Anita McNamara
- ‘Inspector Colquhoun’ ~ Sidney West
- ‘Det Sgnt Penny’ ~ Clive West
- Stage Manager ~ John Lloyd
- Assistant ~ Derek Humphreys
- Props ~ Michael Shaw
- Lighting ~ John Dixon
- Make-up ~ Pam Taylor