A comedy by Arthur Watkyn.Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on November 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th & 29th, 1997. Tickets cost £3, senior citizens & children £2.
Previously performed by STADS in 1981: compare details.
- Dorothy Morris
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Clive Wyndham’ ~ David Spear
- ‘Joyce Wyndham’ ~ Doreen Davies
- ‘Pat Wyndham’ ~ Helen Smith
- ‘Edward Pratt’ ~ Tony Webb
- ‘Greta Jorgenson’ ~ Judi Porter
- ‘Sheila Pratt’ ~ Alison Shepherd
- ‘Victor Wyndham’ ~ Gareth Lucas
- ‘Melvyn Pugh’ ~ Stewart Hiorns
- ‘Bobby Cartwright’ ~ Ian Evans
- ‘Delia Moss’ ~ Julie Greenwood
- ‘Dr Nairn’ ~ John O’Malley
- Stage Managers ~ Dave Harvey, Sue Harvey
- Assistants ~ Alan Bailey, Dorothy Morris
- Lighting ~ Alan Bailey
- Prompt ~ Alan Bailey
- Props ~ Dorothy Morris
- Hair & Make-up ~ The cast
- Front-of-house, Refreshments ~ Geoff Davies, Maureen Bailey, Val Hiorns, Tanya Smith, Jeanette Smith
We first performed this play in 1981, when David played the same part and I played Joyce. The part of Melvyn was memorably taken by Sid West, the husband of our then director Beryl West. Sadly, Sid died last February and it is as a tribute to him that I particularly wanted to do this play. I hope you enjoy it as much as our audience did then.