A comedy by Arnold Helsby.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on November 17th, 18th & 19th, 1977. Tickets cost 35p, children & OAPs 20p.
Prudence, Farmer Hannacott’s domineering sister, comes to manage the farm after her brother’s death but immediately starts managing the people on it as well. Problems arise when Prudence accepts a part in a local amateur production without having read the play. When Mr Meacock, a local publican, arrives for a private rehearsal of his part as Prudence’s suitor, she totally misconstrues his advances.
- Anita McNamara
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Ned Ruddle’ ~ Brian Keal
- ‘Cicely’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘Faith Hannacott’ ~ Carol Fowler
- ‘Tilda Hannacott’ ~ Margaret Lloyd
- ‘Prudence Hannacott’ ~ Dorothy Morris
- ‘Robert Sladen’ ~ Geoff Badham
- ‘Miss Loveday’ ~ Patricia Quick
- ‘Mrs Middleton-Jones’ ~ vJanet Davies
- ‘Samuel Meacock’ ~ Brian Shaw
- Stage Manager ~ John Lloyd
- Assistant ~ Derek Humphreys
- Lighting ~ John Dixon
- Props ~ Hazel Bycroft, Mick Shaw
- Sound Effects ~ Bill Payne
- Make-up ~ Jill Dixon, Beryl West