By Olive Chase & Stanley Clayton.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on April 25th & 26th & May 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 1986. Tickets cost 75p, children & OAPs 50p.
Helen has happily remarried after her first husband was reported killed. Her daughter Susan distrusts her stepfather, John Ferryman, thinking he is after her mother’s money. Blackmail rears its ugly head when a photograph, supposingly showing Susan and her boyfriend Michael in a compromising situation, is sent to the Ferrymans and to Michael’s widowed mother. Soon there is more to investigate than blackmail after the murder of mysterious Mr Watson who appears to have sinister connections with both John and Helen.
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘John Ferryman’ ~ Barry Cooper
- ‘Dr Helen Ferryman’ ~ Jackie Cooper
- ‘Susan Lovat’ ~ Maria Clee
- ‘Michael Eastwood’ ~ Andrew Evason
- ‘Mrs Parks’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘Mary Eastwood’ ~ Alison Shepherd
- ‘Det Chief Insp Ian Conway’ ~ Bill Riseborough
- ‘Mr Watson’ ~ David Spear
- ‘Rita Davies’ ~ Carol Shepherd
- ‘Det Const Baker’ ~ Ian Coombs
- Stage Manager & Set Design ~ Alan Bailey
- Assistants ~ Mick Shaw, Rodney Fryer, Martin Rowlands
- Lighting ~ John Dixon
- Scenery ~ Jean Hewlett
- Prompts ~ Pam Parker, Jaimes Cooper
- Effects ~ Anthony Pressdee, Alex Jones
- Make-up ~ Beryl West, Beryl Maslin
- Front-of-house, Refreshments ~ Sid West, Catherine Fryer, Barbara Spear, Alison Spear, Joe Fryer
Standing, left to right: Barry Cooper (“John”), Carol Shepherd (“Rita”), David Spear (“Mr Watson”), Bill Riseborough (“DCI Conway”), Brenda Jones (“Mrs Parks”).
Sitting, left to right: Jackie Cooper (“Helen”), Maria Clee (“Susan”), Andrew Evason (“Michael”), Alison Shepherd (“Mary”).