By Charlotte Hastings.
Performed by STADS at St. Teilo’s Church Hall, Bishopston on March 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th & 29th, 1980. Tickets cost 50p, children 35p, OAPs Thursday only 35p.
A flood in the 1950s Fen country has trapped two prison officials and their prisoner, Sarat Carp, who is on her way to the gallows for the murder of her brother. In spite of the evidence, Sister Mary Bonaventure is certain of Sarat’s innocence. She uncovers a hitherto unknown connection between Sarat’s friend Dr Jeffries and a woman for whose death Sarat’s brother had been responsible. Just before the police launch arrives, a confession is forced from the real murderer.
- Beryl West
Cast (in order of appearance)
- ‘Nurse Phillips’ ~ Mair Morgan
- ‘Nurse Brent’ ~ Della Jukes
- ‘Sister Josephine’ ~ Brenda Jones
- ‘Willy Partridge’ ~ Alan Booker
- ‘Sr Mary Bonaventure’ ~ Dorothy Morris
- ‘Dr Jeffreys’ ~ Sid West
- Mother Superior ~ Sandra Davies
- ‘Melling’ ~ David Spear
- ‘Sarat Carn’ ~ Anita McNamara
- ‘Miss Pierce’ ~ Jackie Cooper
- ‘Martha Partridge’ ~ Carol Fowler
- Stage Manager ~ Bill Payne
- Assistants ~ Graham Williams, Hilary Rose
- Lighting ~ John Dixon
- Props ~ Beryl Maslin
- Make-up ~ Jill Dixon